Getting Started with Kitchen Renovations
A kitchen renovation is likely to be one of the biggest investments you will make in your home, so it pays to get it right.
The most inspired kitchen spaces marry beautiful and functional design with experienced professionals to implement the design and carry out the kitchen renovation.
Your kitchen design team at ecocabinets will be with you every step of the way to bring your dream kitchen to life. We will design a kitchen renovation to meet your lifestyle, needs, and budget.Get a Quote
Planning Your Space
It’s a good idea to give some thought to how you will be using the kitchen space, and your preferred style.
You may like to research online different kitchen renovations so you can identify what you do and don’t like.
Is there a specific style that appeals to you? Will that style work with the overarching look and feel of your property?
Other key considerations include:
- Who will be using the kitchen space?
- How often do you use the kitchen and cooking equipment?
- Will multiple people be using the kitchen at the same time?
- Does the space need to be family friendly?
- Do the materials used need to be hard-wearing?
- Are you renovating for resale in the near future?
Measuring the Kitchen Space
Basic measurements of the kitchen area will be needed to determine the layout and available space. While ecocabinets will take detailed measurements as part of the design process, it can help to measure the following yourself and note them on a diagram:
- The outline of your kitchen, wall to wall or the points where the kitchen will end
- Floor to ceiling height
- Any features such as bulkheads or pillars
- Window and door openings
- Location of power outlets and plumbing.
Designing the Kitchen Space
A key part of your kitchen renovation and good design is ensuring a functional layout. Key appliances, sinks, and benchtops need to be spaced within comfortable reach of each other.
Lighting is another important factor with consideration given to existing light sources and maximising natural light.
Cabinetry and benchtops will be designed based on your budget, style preferences, durability, and storage needs.
To get started with your kitchen renovation contact us today.Get a Quote